Recent publications and research:
**ROUTLEDGE: Being Maker-Centric: Making as Method for Self-organising & Achieving Craft Impact in Local Communities & Economies (2018)**
Fiona Hackney, Deirdre Figueiredo, Laura Onions, Gavin
Rogers and Jana Milovanovic
Published in June 2018
Makercentric project (2017-18)
Duration: From 2017 to 2018
Maker-Centric is one of a series of participatory arts research projects across the UK that are funded by The Arts and Humanities Research Council’s (AHRC) Connected Communities programme. The project takes a material placed-based approach to engaging communities in speculative co-design.
**STEPZ II – Eyes and Brains in Shoes (2016)**
Rogers, G. (2016) “Eyes and Brains in Shoes” in Richardson, T and Standing, A (2016)Between the Rollerama and the Junk Yard. STEPZ A psychogeographical journal based in Manchester. Ropepress Publishing, UK. pp.6-7
**ROPEPRESS PUBLISHING – Post Utopia (2016)**
Post Utopia (2016) By Gavin Rogers, Ally Standing, Bruno Grilo. Ropepress Publishers. 28 Pages.
- Psychogeography and the Situationists
- Relational aesthetics
- Artistic methodologies
- Cultural policy
- Arts pedagogy
Papers and conferences
– Arts Schools as Gift Economy (2018) Gavin Rogers and Laura Onions NAFAE Conference Wolverhampton Art Gallery/ WSA
– Digital mythologies, virtual ambulations and the cyberflâneur: Psychogeography in the Internet age (2017) By Ally Standing & Gavin Rogers. University of Huddersfield
– Performance Intervention (2017) Research Matters Conference. Birmingham School of Art Annual Research Conference. A performance and presentation of work on the theme of institutional critique. With Claire Hickey and MAKESHIFTSPACE.
– Tetley Arts Space, Leeds – Brewing Symposium – Performance as a brewing process in Association with ClusterBOMB (August 2015)
– Victoria University, Melbourne – My city and me. Seminar series. April 2014
– Monash University, Melbourne – Paper Performance Ethnography: Discovering Cities. Paper
– Presented a paper about Arts Pedagogy at TATE Gallery, London, as part of the DCMS.
– Attended the BIAD Postgraduate Conference
– New template for ‘Arts Education’ DCMS Conference @ London School of Economics (May 2013)
– In Dialogue 2014. Workshop and panel member. Conversation as Practice. (October 2014)
– Clearing the Mist. Performing my PhD seminar series. Thinking Though Practices. May 2014. The Primary Studios.
– Fly on the wall, elephant in the room – Presented a paper at the Research and the
– Researcher – 5th Annual Research Practice Conference, Nottingham Trent University
– Wise Wanderings – Presented a paper and seminar session for the SPACE and the Humanities Research Cluster, School of Design and Built Environment, Nottingham Trent University
– Snow White and her dreaded PhD. Paper. Breaking Boundaries Research Conference. May 2014. Nottingham Trent University.
– Public Engagement in Research – Presented a seminar session and Lecture as part of the Postgraduate Research Festival, ADBE 2013
– Delivered a lecture and seminar session: Introduction to Psychogeography – Nottingham Trent
– Contributed towards discussion, seminars and symposiums as part of the Thinking Through Practices – Research Group – School of Art and Design Study Trips and Residencies
Residency and visits
– Gdansk, Poland (2018) (Migration work)
– Ljubljana Slovenia (2018) (Makercentric/ Erasmus)
– Venice Biennale 2011, 2015, 2017
-The Lovehouse, Victoria University and the University of Monash, Melbourne, Australia (April 2014)
– Technical support. Immersive Book Designs, promotional advert with Hritiyan Pavlov. The Alps, France. (18th to 22nd May 2014)
– Study visit and photographic collaboration : Agglomeration, Barcelona (April 2013)
– Art and Design festival – Sofia, Bulgaria (23rd – 27th June 2013)
– Residency Shadowing –Janet Biggs, Video Artist, New York City (Feb 2009)